[CRIU] Process Migration Using Sockets

Rodrigo Bruno rbruno at gsd.inesc-id.pt
Wed Jul 29 17:42:26 PDT 2015

Hi,

I am using CRIU and I extended it to support process live migration using
sockets.

The idea is to write to a file descriptor which corresponds to a socket
instead of a file.

The amount of code needed for this modification is very small.

So far my experiments are running smoothly. With this, I do not need a
background NFS deployment and performance is much better. The user only
needs to specify, in the command line args, that this migration is done
using sockets. For now I am using SSH tunnels to redirect and cipher the
data between different hosts.

I don't know if this will break any other functionality tough.

I am sending this mail to ask you if this contribution is of any interest
for the project. If it is, I will be glad to help, providing a patch or
whatever you need.

Cheers,

Rodrigo Bruno