[CRIU] Live migration of OpenVZ with CRIU and p.haul...

Divjyot sethi dsethi at princeton.edu
Fri Jul 17 11:50:35 PDT 2015

Hello,
I have a setup for live migrating OpenVZ containers using CRIU and p.haul.
I am trying to extend this setup as follows:

I am creating a special VMA type, say VMA_DEV, where DEV is a device I add
to the container using --devnodes option. Now, when a dump happens, for the
VMA_DEV vma, I want to call an ioctl for a device driver for dev; the
driver is on the host and is visible from container.

However, while migrating, it seems that VMA_DEV is not detected when /proc
is parsed, for any process in the container. (I make sure that the device
is mapped and being used when the container is suspended). Am I missing
something? Any help on this would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Divjyot