[CRIU] Dump failure

Pavel Emelyanov xemul at parallels.com
Thu Jul 16 02:30:46 PDT 2015

On 07/16/2015 02:56 AM, Ross Boucher wrote:
> I got this failure today when checkpointing a container in my system:
>
> https://gist.github.com/boucher/ac5ac25c358e5a24665b
>
> Any idea what the cause might be?

Yup

Error (sk-inet.c:188): Name resolved on unconnected socket

We see reports about this from time to time. The error means, that there's
some socket in the system, that is owned by a process (via fd), but while
getting all the sockets via sock-diag API (in collect_sockets) this particular
one was _not_ there. This happens only if the socket is freshly created with
socket() call and is not yet bound or connected. The get_unconn_sk() function
is called for such sockets -- found via some task's fd, but not found in diag
output. We check that the socket in question is truly unbound and unconnected,
but in your case the check fails.

That's the best guess we have, but we cannot check one, since this situation
occurs rarely. Do you know how to reproduce one more or less reliably?