[CRIU] Restore failed. Exit code: 43

Pavel Emelyanov xemul at parallels.com
Wed Jan 21 09:30:28 PST 2015

On 01/21/2015 07:46 PM, Paschalis Mpeis wrote:
> A "return" at line 77 <https://gist.github.com/Paschalis/a96b2747ed85b8e5a796#file-crlib-c-L77> could do the
> trick. However, the restored program has standard input, output, and error closed.

Of course. In line 60 of crlib.c  you close them before dumping.

> So I cannot verify that it works.
>
> Is there a way to reopen them?

Since they are terminals there's no easy way to do it. If you could
redirect stdios to files, then you could just leave them open on
dump, then restore would re-create them back.

> I tried backing them using dup, and restoring them using dup2. But this causes CRIU dump to fail. What is the
> proper way to do it? I have googled your mailing lists but I didn't found anything!

Well, the shell job C/R (http://criu.org/Advanced_usage#Shell_jobs_C.2FR)
is pretty close to what you try to achieve.

Thanks,
Pavel