[CRIU] Cannot restore from regular user when RPC service running as root

Jason L. Turner jlturner at mdacorporation.com
Mon Jan 12 12:09:24 PST 2015

Hello,

I'm currently working on a project where a program is needed to be dumped and restored by a regular user, not as root.

On the webpage it mentions running a CRIU service as root will allow it to work on behalf of a regular.  The program I have written has been using the CRIU C API and while the program is dumping and restoring successfully when run from the root user, it is not the case when running as a regular user as upon trying to restore the programs state it fails.

The error that I have been receiving in the restore log file is

                Error (include/util.h :51): Can't write to img file: Operation Not Permitted

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you