[CRIU] CRIU unable to see external mounts while restore

beproject criu beprojectcriu at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 10:54:29 PST 2015

Hi,
I am trying to dump lxc container where container has external mount on
/dev.
I have used --ext-mount-map /dev:dev while dumping. below is the full
command used for dump.

#criu dump --root /usr/local/lib/lxc/rootfs/root --evasive-devices \
--tcp-established --ext-mount-map /dev:dev --file-locks -n net -n mnt \
-n ipc -n pid -vvvvvvvv -D data -o dump.log -t <pid>

I am trying to restore container using the following command,
#criu restore --root /home/nyc/A/rootfs/ --ext-mount-map dev:/dev -d -vvv
-o restore.log

But, while restore it is not able to see the external mounts.
I added the following message in mount.c=>validate_mounts,line no. 610.

 if (!strncmp(m->mountpoint, "./dev", 5))
    pr_info("%s mount on %s\n",m->fstype->name, m->mountpoint);

This printed a line "unsupported mount on ./dev" in restore.log

What might be the reason for this?
Why is criu not able able to see external mounts?

Thanks.