[CRIU] PID mismatch problem

Pavel Emelyanov xemul at parallels.com
Wed Dec 23 04:54:57 PST 2015

On 12/22/2015 05:14 PM, Federico Reghenzani wrote:
> I added the re-mounting of /proc and it works! It seems the restore is always
> successful now. I will (try to) integrate this in C API in next days :)

Cool :)

> Last question, but I think I know already the answer, with /unshare/ it becomes
> impossible to c/r without root permission, right?

That's the heavy part. If you want to restore inside namespace from user
context then the only way to do it is bu jumping into user namespace. The
--unshare user is not yet done in my patchset that does unshared restore.

Also, when you will try to dump the restored stuff again ... I haven't
checked, but it seems to me that with user namespace things should work.
At least -- the _current_ user namespace would be "parent" to the new one
and thus will have permissions to mess with it. But I haven't checked
this yet.