[CRIU] PID mismatch problem

Federico Reghenzani federico1.reghenzani at mail.polimi.it
Mon Dec 21 23:39:30 PST 2015

Ok loaded modules are:

Module                  Size  Used by
evdev                  24576  0
pcspkr                 16384  0
coretemp               16384  0
xen_netfront           28672  0
sch_fq_codel           20480  3
ip_tables              28672  0
x_tables               28672  1 ip_tables
ext4                  507904  2
crc16                  16384  1 ext4
mbcache                20480  1 ext4
jbd2                   90112  1 ext4
xen_blkfront           36864  4

It's a standard archlinux install with a recompiled kernel 4.2.5 (to enable
the C/R flag) on a Xen server. If you think that this platform setup may be
problematic, just tell me and I will try on a standard non-virtual machine.

I attached the tree generated by criu_restore_child() (orted-restore is the
software that calls CRIU APIs, and orted is the successfully restored
application with its child "sleep 50"). I got a 50% rate of successful
restore and 50% of pid mismatch.

Also I have no stdout/stderr from orted, but I have the stdout/stderr of
its children, I'm not sure if it is orted or criu problem (before the dump
stdout/stderr works), I'm investigating on it.

Cheers,
Federico