[CRIU] race in the build system?

Cyrill Gorcunov gorcunov at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 08:25:27 PST 2015

On Wed, Dec 09, 2015 at 08:06:10AM -0700, Tycho Andersen wrote:

> Huh, thanks for testing guys. The only other difference I can think of
> is that I'm doing this on a VM backed by a spinning disk, so IO is
> pretty slow. Anyway, I can pretty reliably reproduce it, so perhaps
> I'll have a look.

I managed to reproduce :) An easiest way to reproduce simply run

	make criu -j 4

need to think how to fix it properly. Note the key moment here
is that by default, when we run build as "make -j 4" we hit
@all target, which has own prerequisites, in turn "make criu"
is a different explicit target, which prereq's are somehow
incomplete.