[CRIU] Restoring multiple copies of the same process

Gabriel Southern southerngs at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 19:08:02 PST 2015

Is there a way to restore multiple copies of the same process tree?  My
initial naive attempt of just running restore twice for the same checkpoint
led to an error saying that the PIDs did not match expected value.

I looked on the mailing list and found a past discussion about this:

-----------
https://lists.openvz.org/pipermail/criu/2015-January/018554.html

I might use the feature for restoring multiple copies of the same process. I
don't really have a good reason for not using a namespace to begin
with--just
a little paranoia about it affecting performance and the probably unused
opportunity to reuse existing checkpoints. The following is what I settled
on
for no namespace when dumping, but using a namespace on restore.

But this is from nearly a year ago so I'm curious if there is any updates,
suggestions, or possible issues with trying to restore and run multiple
copies of the same application simultaneously.  Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

-Gabriel