[CRIU] Use page-server option in RPC mode

Pavel Emelyanov xemul at parallels.com
Wed Apr 22 07:08:49 PDT 2015

On 04/22/2015 04:37 PM, Hui Kang wrote:
> Hi, Pavel,
> I did create a pair of socket on the host B. When I send "criu dump" RPC without
> "--page-server --port", the RPC call succeed. However, when the RPC can not talk
> to the page server in the remote machine.

Wait a second, you told you were sending dump request from host B to host A.

Let's clarify -- the page server is on A, the criu service is on B, the process
you want to dump is on B too. And you send dump request form host B where to?

Can you also check the dump logs for the line

    "Connecting to server"

to see one you need to set up the 4th log level.

> I am wondering if there is any sample code for page-server in RPC call.

Yes, the p.haul project does this:
https://github.com/xemul/p.haul/

but in a slightly different manner.