[CRIU] Sync TODO-s for mount.c work

Andrew Vagin avagin at odin.com
Tue Apr 21 09:20:38 PDT 2015

On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 08:58:55AM -0600, Tycho Andersen wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 04:18:59PM +0300, Pavel Emelyanov wrote:
> > Tycho, Oleg,
> >
> > This is just to make sure I properly track what's going on with mount.c :)
> >
> > From my perspective we're definitely missing the RPC bits for the options
> > you added recently (enable-fs, skip-mnt, ext-mount-map auto mode and the
> > enable-external-foo-s) and tests for it.
> >
> > Am I correct?
>
> I can think of two additional things:
>
> 1. we need some way to detect whether we really want to auto dump
>    fsroot_mounted() mounts or not:
>
>    http://lists.openvz.org/pipermail/criu/2015-April/019878.html
>
>    Unfortunately I've thought about this for a while, and I'm not sure
>    what a good solution is. Maybe just a warning in the docs that says
>    you should only do this if you're going to pivot root too?
>
> 2. minor, but I think the restore_shared_options() call in
>    do_new_mount() is still wrong, since it doesn't do anything when
>    sharing ids are different between parent and itself, so a totally
>    internal shared mount can never end up with different sharing than
>    its parent.

I don't understand this point. Could you show an example when it's wrong?

root at ubuntu:/home/avagin# mkdir A
root at ubuntu:/home/avagin# mount -t tmpfs A A
root at ubuntu:/home/avagin# mount --make-shared A
root at ubuntu:/home/avagin# mkdir A/B
root at ubuntu:/home/avagin# mount -t tmpfs AB A/B

52 21 0:41 / /home/avagin/A rw,relatime shared:1 - tmpfs A rw
53 52 0:42 / /home/avagin/A/B rw,relatime shared:2 - tmpfs AB rw