[CRIU] Sync TODO-s for mount.c work

Tycho Andersen tycho.andersen at canonical.com
Tue Apr 21 07:58:55 PDT 2015

On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 04:18:59PM +0300, Pavel Emelyanov wrote:
> Tycho, Oleg,
>
> This is just to make sure I properly track what's going on with mount.c :)
>
> From my perspective we're definitely missing the RPC bits for the options
> you added recently (enable-fs, skip-mnt, ext-mount-map auto mode and the
> enable-external-foo-s) and tests for it.
>
> Am I correct?

I can think of two additional things:

1. we need some way to detect whether we really want to auto dump
   fsroot_mounted() mounts or not:

   http://lists.openvz.org/pipermail/criu/2015-April/019878.html

   Unfortunately I've thought about this for a while, and I'm not sure
   what a good solution is. Maybe just a warning in the docs that says
   you should only do this if you're going to pivot root too?

2. minor, but I think the restore_shared_options() call in
   do_new_mount() is still wrong, since it doesn't do anything when
   sharing ids are different between parent and itself, so a totally
   internal shared mount can never end up with different sharing than
   its parent.

I can send a patch for 2 today, and I will try to do the RPC/tests
ASAP as well.

Tycho