[CRIU] Containers with no /tmp

Saied Kazemi saied at google.com
Thu Apr 2 11:12:52 PDT 2015

Hi Pavel and Andrew,

Because open_mountpoint() in mount.c creates a temporary directory in /tmp,
I have run into an issue with containers that do not have /tmp.  In
addition to open_mountpoint(), there are other places in CRIU that (of
course reasonably) assume /tmp exists.

To quickly work around this issue for now, I added mkdir("/tmp", 0777)
right before calling mkdtemp(mnt_path), but wanted to get your thoughts on
the right approach to this issue.  When it comes to containers, many
assumptions (such as the existence of /tmp) won't hold anymore :)

Thanks,

--Saied