[CRIU] Status of CLONE_NEWUSER dump and restore

Pavel Emelyanov xemul at parallels.com
Mon Sep 22 01:14:01 PDT 2014

On 09/20/2014 02:01 AM, Richard Larocque wrote:

>>> Is there anything remaining form Sophie's work
>>> (http://lists.openvz.org/pipermail/criu/2014-August/015571.html) that
>>> needs to be rebased and re-submitted to the mailing lists?
>>
>> Not from what was _done_ by Sophie, but we all agreed that we wanted
>> her to have the zdtm test suite got patched to explicitly list tests
>> that can and that cannot be c/r-ed inside user namespace. And eventually
>> fix criu (and kernel) and include more tests in this lists.
>>

> That makes sense.  There seems to be some work along these lines
> already pending:
> https://github.com/avagin/criu/commit/80afa684396db39a1e14f842e1d442acd871965a
>
> I'll probably take a closer look at this after the pending patches
> have started to land in the kernel and criu.  For now, I'll try to
> concentrate on areas of the code that are less actively under
> construction.  That will make it easier to avoid bumping in to others'
> work.

Thanks for looking into this!

Actually, you shouldn't switch to less priority tasks waiting for us to complete
the mentioned patches. If userns is in high prio for you, just talk to Andrey
(avagin@) about this. He has a lot of tasks to do, I think he wouldn't mind if
someone joins the "userns patches" one.

Thanks,
Pavel