[CRIU] Status of CLONE_NEWUSER dump and restore

Pavel Emelyanov xemul at parallels.com
Fri Sep 19 00:20:58 PDT 2014

On 09/19/2014 05:10 AM, Richard Larocque wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been asked to take a look at the current status of user namespace
> dump and restore, and whether or not there's any work remaining for us
> to send upstream.

Welcome aboard! :)

We collect the knowledge about it on this page: http://criu.org/Userns

> Is there anything remaining form Sophie's work
> (http://lists.openvz.org/pipermail/criu/2014-August/015571.html) that
> needs to be rebased and re-submitted to the mailing lists?

Not from what was _done_ by Sophie, but we all agreed that we wanted
her to have the zdtm test suite got patched to explicitly list tests
that can and that cannot be c/r-ed inside user namespace. And eventually
fix criu (and kernel) and include more tests in this lists.

Thanks,
Pavel