[CRIU] [Announce] Stable 1.3.1 release

Pavel Emelyanov xemul at parallels.com
Tue Sep 16 13:03:26 PDT 2014

On 09/16/2014 11:51 PM, Zmudzinski, Krystof C wrote:
> But maybe the easiest way is to simply build my system so this doesn't happen.

Sure it is. Some (some) distributions don't create this mess with open files.
You can use them.

> I really don't care what host OS and what container template I use.  I just
> want to be able to suspend and then resume a container, which then can be
> attached to (lxc-attach).  I don't care which version of LXC or criu I use.

For now this is impossible. CRIU is quite young and cannot yet handle every
single bit of tasks state it meets. But we're working on it.

As far as LXC is concerned, its integration with CRIU has started recently,
so you'd also have to wait for a while till we resolve all the issues we meet.

Thanks,
Pavel