[CRIU] restoring sockets with data pending

Pavel Emelyanov xemul at parallels.com
Mon Sep 15 03:21:18 PDT 2014

On 09/13/2014 04:55 AM, Tycho Andersen wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> One of the errors that I sometimes get when dumping things is:
>
> Error (sk-netlink.c:73): The socket has data to read

Yup :) These are netlink sockets with some data from the krenel.

> What is necessary to fix this problem? I guess there is some work to
> be done on the kernel side to provide an API for getting these
> buffers? Is there some other trick we can use?

Strictly speaking, we should patch the kernel to be able to peek
this data from socket and to put it back. But maybe in some cases
we could invent some workaround (I'm not quite sure netdev@ people
would be happy with such hacks :) ).

Can we investigate what kind of socket is it and what data is in
there?

Thanks,
Pavel