[CRIU] problem migrating containers not on shared storage

Tycho Andersen tycho.andersen at canonical.com
Thu Sep 4 07:07:50 PDT 2014

Hi all,

I'm trying to migrate containers across two vms using rsync to move
their filesystems across. I get the following error:

(00.140226)      1: Error (fsnotify.c:126): fsnotify: Can't open file handle for 0x0fd00001:0x0000000000180009: Stale file handle

This seems to be because criu is keeping around the inodes of the
files that were inotify_add_watch()ed, instead of the path names. Does
that sound right? Is there any reason we can't move it to keep the
pathnames instead and avoid this problem?

Also, it looks like there are some other inode related things in the
images. The one in fh.proto looks like it might cause similar
problems. Does anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks,

Tycho