[CRIU] ZDTM POSIX makeover

Christopher Covington cov at codeaurora.org
Wed Sep 3 09:55:07 PDT 2014

On 09/03/2014 12:42 PM, Pavel Emelyanov wrote:
> Christopher, Andrew,
>
> The discussion of patches 3, 5 and 6 wasn't finished. What are your
> plans about it?

Sorry, I've gotten bogged down with other stuff.

3/"readlink -m" can and should be reworked either by bringing over a hunk from
6 (I think @@ -532,7 +539,7 @@ EOF) that I accidentally put in the wrong patch
or as Andrew indicated.

5/"run logic in makefiles" needs backwards compatibility, calling the shell
script appropriately from the makefile rules, added and tested. How the shell
script(s) are organized, such as in separate files as Andrew indicated,
shouldn't be a big deal to change.

6/"last bits" needs significant work, probably splitting each hunk into its
own patch and solving whatever the issue is the right way (like maybe using
maps.py only if python is available, or converting maps.py to awk/sed/whatever
as maps.sh).

Christopher

> On 08/07/2014 02:02 AM, Christopher Covington wrote:
>> Please consider applying the first 4 patches, although I must
>> admit the changes have only been tested on ARM and AArch64
>> Busybox based root filesystems.
>>
>> While probably not ready for merging, please also take a look at
>> the last two patches and let me know if they're headed in the
>> right direction, and if not, how I should change them.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Christopher

hosted by the Linux Foundation.