[CRIU] Fwd: Re: hang in ip tool

Deyan Doychev deyan at 1h.com
Wed Sep 3 08:00:35 PDT 2014

Sorry, I missed the list.

On 09/03/2014 04:52 PM, Tycho Andersen wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Recently when restoring containers I have been getting a hang in the
> ip tool when criu runs 'ip addr restore'. It prints,
>
> RTNETLINK answers: File exists
> RTNETLINK answers: File exists

Hi,

I've seen this when I was testing LXC container migration several months
ago and yesterday when I started playing with LXC and CRIU again.

The reason was the veth pair interface still existed on the node. I
assumed it was some mistake caused by "heavy testing" and it
disappeared  after an ip l d.

However restore was was failing not hanging.

Deyan