[CRIU] Standard stream is not terminal

Sanidhya Kashyap sanidhya.gatech at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 13:40:00 PDT 2014

> And -j option shouldn't work as "I'm not sure whether I would need a
> tty, so let's supply one. Just in case.". It should be deterministic.
> Does Sanidhya's case implies inheriting a tty? I _really_ doubt it.
> Good question. Sanidhya, do you really need -j option at all?

What if the workload that is running using a tty... In that case, if I
checkpoint the process and reboot the system, then I will really need
the -j option because it might be dumping the data. For example, suppose
a compile process is going on.

Well, the pts option can be determined using ps. Then, in that case, I
will definitely need -j option.

-----
Sanidhya