[CRIU] VM_IO or VM_PFNMAP mappings

Cyrill Gorcunov gorcunov at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 07:03:52 PDT 2014

On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 09:57:14AM -0400, Sowmini Varadhan wrote:
> On (10/27/14 16:38), Cyrill Gorcunov wrote:
> > by the criu for vdso vvar area only. What kernel version it is?
>
> [root at sowmini-vm tmp]# uname -r
> 3.18.0-rc1+
>

> > Could you please attach "cat /proc/<pidof-iperf-server>/maps" output?
>
> http://lists.openvz.org/pipermail/criu/2014-October/017603.html
> has it, albeit for a slightly older (3.16-ish?) kernel.

First of all it's 32bit executable which is known to not be c/r'able.
Could you please run 64bit version instead and show the results
(/proc/pid/maps output and criu debug log).

> anyway, I'm ok with the workaround of just rebuilding my kernel
> without vdso for the moment.

Actually it would be great to figure out what's wrong with dumping
because disabling vdso is not an option in general, so your help
would be quite appreciated.