[CRIU] [RFC] tty: Add support of system console (/dev/console)

Tycho Andersen tycho.andersen at canonical.com
Wed Oct 15 12:34:12 PDT 2014

On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 10:14:33PM +0400, Cyrill Gorcunov wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 11:26:01AM -0500, Tycho Andersen wrote:
> > Hi Cyrill,

> > > Tycho don't test it please, there are a few nits present
> > > which I address in next series.
> >
> > So I missed this message and did test it, but it seemed to work for me
> > (i.e. it dumped and restored). I have no idea how to actually test
> > that it restored correctly, though. It is restored as 5:1, but is
> > there any state that I should be looking for?
>
> Well, the only thing I can think of -- criu shoud not fail
> restoring 5:1 device and you probably could read from it
> (if there is data present on the console) or write into it.
> Anyway, I would prefer you won't waste your time on testing
> please until new series ;)

Ok, I tried:

echo /dev/console | sudo tee /dev/console

earlier when I was fiddling around with this and it gave me an EPERM
when I tried to write to it as root in the container. That could be
just a /dev/console thing, though, I'm not sure. Anyway, I will wait
for the next set before I try anything else.

Tycho