[CRIU] Updating conf or changes in files generate "Error: Restoring failed"

Pavel Emelyanov xemul at parallels.com
Wed Nov 26 10:46:49 PST 2014

On 11/26/2014 10:45 AM, Roberto Del Aguila Rivera wrote:
> Thanks Pavel. The change in the file was made by hand and it was even an error. What we
> have clear now is that every file involved with Apache should not be changed to avoid this
> errors. The only question is, what happens if we continue using Apache from the first
> restore and it's Apache who made the changes to the logs or to the confs? We haven't tried
> that but we are wondereing if it will happens the same error.

In the reg-file.img file there are a set of paths to files
that are in use by processes. You can read this file with
the criu show -f reg-file.img command. The size field (if
present) denotes the size of the respective file at the time
of dump. If on restore the size will differ, criu will fail
to restore from such images.

Do you really need to change files by hands between dump
and restore? If this is a valid use-case we can teach criu
to bear with this.