[CRIU] crtools error: "can't splice to pipe"

Andrew Vagin avagin at parallels.com
Wed May 7 07:07:10 PDT 2014

On Wed, May 07, 2014 at 02:53:01PM +0400, Pavel Emelyanov wrote:
> On 05/07/2014 02:04 AM, J F wrote:
> >     > For integrity reason
> >     >
> >     > [cyrill at moon criu] sha1sum criu-test.tar
> >     > d9fa36cf094ad66942ac6da76a56280b61ebf1ae  criu-test.tar
> >

> > Hi Cyrill,
> >
> > I tried your most recent update a few minutes ago and I get the same error.
> > I can send you the v4 log privately.
> > Also I noticed that "crtools check" fails.
> > I'll see if I can find another app that can reproduce.
> > Do you have any hunches on root cause? That might help me help you.
>
> J F, do you know how to play with the kernel ftrace functionality? If
> yes, probably Cyrill can help you to investigate what exactly is happening
> in the kernel that leads to this error.

Hi J F,

I have prepared for you a script to collect ftrace data. Could you apply
the attached patch and execute ./test.sh PID. PID is a pid of a process,
which should be dumped. This script sets up ftrace parameters, then
executes "criu dump ..." and saves ftrace data in /mnt/mydata/dump/trace.log.
We need this file. Thank you for the help.