[CRIU] criu restore performance

J F jgmb45 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 10:55:52 PDT 2014

Hello,

I'm having fun with crtools, and I'm interested in exploring techniques to
speed up the time it takes to restore a process (other than getting a
better machine).

Some questions:

1) Is 'criu restore' operation time complexity mostly CPU bound, IO bound,
or memory bound?
2) Are any of the operations in 'criu restore" parallelizable or are they
intrinsically sequential and require synchronization due to kernel
interactions?
3) Is performance of restore a function of the size of the images folder?
4) Any tricks/advice/hacks to speed up restore?

Thanks!