[CRIU] On 1.3-rc2 release

Pavel Emelyanov xemul at parallels.com
Mon Jun 9 08:32:52 PDT 2014

Hi,

The 1.3 aim was to do initial LXC/Docker support. So far we have
resolved most of the issues met and only one left unfinished -- the
so called "reattach" issue -- after restore criu should execve()
LXC binary so that it becomes LXC container master again. Same thing
should probably be done for Docker daemon.

Right now we have 3 big updates since -rc2

1. initial cgroups support
2. external bind mounts (floating on the mailing list)
3. linux-next VDSO support

and a pile of bug fixes.

Having that in the repo, I plan to tag 1.3-rc2 early next week so that
people can play with the changes, especially with ext bind mounts options.

If you think that there's something else we should include there,
let me know.

Thanks,
Pavel