[CRIU] Architectural and Micro-architectural states in CRIU image

Hadi am.hadi at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 15:09:06 PDT 2014

Hi,

I am a beginner in CRIU and I was wondering if there is any documentation
about CRIU that describes what parts of system is stored in an image for
checkpointing. Does the image include both architectural(such as register
and memory values) and micro-architectural(such as pipeline components and
the cache hierarchy) states? Does CRIU, takes any action regarding cache,
TLB, page tables, branch predictor, ... ?!

Furthermore, how can I get an approximation for overhead time of restoring?
How long does it take to restore the system and start the process that has
been checkpointed?

I would really appreciate your help.

Hadi Moghaddam

University of Wisconsin-Madison