[CRIU] Towards an in-process libcriu

Pavel Emelyanov xemul at parallels.com
Thu Jul 17 02:39:22 PDT 2014

On 07/17/2014 12:41 AM, Saied Kazemi wrote:
> Having libcriu with C bindings is a great feature.  In addition to LXC as Tycho has mentioned,
> other Docker exec drivers will be able to use it too.  In fact, from within any program, one
> would call dump() and restore() to do what is currently done on the command line.

But you can call dump and restore from libcriu right now. The only requirement is
to have criu service launched. What problems do you have with that?

As I mentioned the biggest concern is -- the in-code libcriu would be root-only.
Would this work with Docker, as AFAIR it starts from non-root user?

Thanks,
Pavel