[CRIU] Towards an in-process libcriu

Tycho Andersen tycho.andersen at canonical.com
Wed Jul 16 14:50:21 PDT 2014

Hi Ruslan,

On Wed, Jul 16, 2014 at 11:38:29PM +0300, Ruslan Kuprieiev wrote:

> Oh! I see. But there is another problem. I believe, criu doesn't
> free all resources
> after it is done its work.

I understand that, but I suppose those are mostly bugs in criu that
will be fixed. Supposing that I'm ok with the caveats (potential
resource leaks, can't dump the tree with me in it, etc.), it would be
nice not to have to fork() and set up a socket and all that, but
rather just #include criu.h and dump(other_pid). If it is a lot of work
or doesn't fit with the project, I'm happy to go with the fork model,
but I think it shouldn't be that hard to get something minimal going.
I'm just unsure of where the best place for it to live is.

Tycho