[CRIU] dedup and memory tracking

Pavel Tikhomirov snorcht at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 13:57:04 PDT 2014

Please provide output of "./criu show -f <file>" on pagemap-*.img (2-nd
iteration)

Also I have patch for criu to monitor memory consumption of process, it can
show
if your program has high memory consumption rates. But it's not yet
complete,
though it works and i can post it here.

Not important: Sorry, i thought the question was about auto-dedup,
but it's about dirty-tracking, though you can also test auto-dedup.

As I can see in mem_usage_migr.log you do only one snapshot, -- yes?
Please test on couple of iterative snapshots(~10).
do snapshots like this:
start mem_usage_migr.sh
1: criu dump --track-mem -R -D $dir/1/
2-9: criu dump --auto-dedup --track-mem -R --prev-images-dir=$dir/i-1/
-D $dir/i/
10: criu dump --auto-dedup --track-mem --prev-images-dir=$dir/9 -D $dir/10
stop mem_usage_migr.sh

Thanks,
Pavel.

Best Regards, Tikhomirov Pavel.