[CRIU] Questions about CRIU.

Fabio Giangrande f.giangrande92 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 08:29:59 PDT 2014

Hello. I have some questions about the project CRIU for you. I searched in
the archive of mails of CRIU and on the site http://www.criu.org, but I
haven't found answer for these requests, so I wonder if you could kindly
clarify me about.

1. When we restore processes, we have to give to every process the same pid
that has previously. If we restore the process hierarchy from init(1), a
namespace is created automatically for avoid duplicate pids. Instead, when
we don't restore the process hierarchy from init, how can we avoid problems
with duplicate pids?

2. To solve the problem of pending signals, we can use the system call
rt_sigqueueinfo() to send a signal to process restored. But we can only use
siginfo_t records with a negative SI_CODE. So, this isn't a problem for the
restored process, that now have a signal with a negative SI_CODE?

Thank you for any answer.

Kind Regard.