[CRIU] tcp-resume resume stuck, iptable rules not removed

Pavel Emelyanov xemul at parallels.com
Mon Jul 7 01:23:12 PDT 2014

On 07/07/2014 11:04 AM, Robert Reinecke wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I used criu for my master thesis and now I'm trying to reproduce the
> results for a paper and I'm stuck with getting criu to run properly
> again.
> Especially tcp-resume is of importance for me, thus I always first try
> to run the tcp test (from the test folder and additionally my own
> tests) to make sure everything is running.
> Unfortunately, it won't work for me - hope you guys can give me a
> pointer where to search for the error.

Sure.

> -> Dump and resume seems to work at a first glance (log files appended) but:
> 1) Firewall rules are not removed properly after resume

I don't see any signs of unlocking the network in restore.log. The
unlocking happens in network_unlock() which prints the "Unlock network"
message, and there's no such thing in the logs either. Moreover, after
restore there should be either "Restoring FAILED" or "Restoring finished
successfully" message and none of them is there.

This makes me think that the restore crashed somewhere in the middle.
This line in logs

Error (cr-restore.c:1052): 11209 killed by signal 9

proves that, but the restore doesn't get aborted properly. Can you show
what command line do you use to do the restore? The restoring master
process comes to the run_scripts("setup-namespaces"); line, but doesn't
get to the run_scripts("post-restore"); in restore_root_task().

> 2) After resume theirs no observable tcp traffic on the connected
> interface (iptables rules removed by hand)
> 3) Criu with the -d flag should run as daemon but seems to be stuck

The -d only applies to page-server and service actions. For restore -d
means --restore-detached.