[CRIU] Process with TCP migrated successfully but some errors occurred

Oscar Fernández oscarfernandz at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 07:05:37 PDT 2014

Hi all and congratulations for your work,

I made a simple server-client TCP application in python (similar to "Simple
TCP pair" example in the wiki).
I'm running client and server processes in two different machines, and I'm
moving the server side process to a third machine.

The steps I'm following are as follows:
- [src] Dump the server process using NFS and --tcp-established option
- [src] Disabling the interface used by the dumped process (ifconfig ethX
down)
- [dst] Enabling an interface with the ip used by the process (ifconfig
x.x.x.x/x ethX)**
- [dst] Restore the server process using image files in NFS and
--tcp-established option

**Notice that I'm just setting the same IP addr in the destination machine
(I'm not configuring the MAC addr). Please, can you explain how is it
working? I mean, I thought it would fail since the iface is not identical.
Is CRIU sending a flush message to remove the old MAC addr entry in the
switch or something?

The restoration is success and the communication with the client is
immediately re-established, but I spotted few errors either in dump and
restore log files (find both attached).

Can you explain what are and what is provoking these errors?

Thank you in advance,

--
Óscar Fernández