[CRIU] ERROR

Alexander Kartashov alekskartashov at parallels.com
Tue Jan 21 23:01:18 PST 2014

On 01/21/2014 12:00 AM, Cyrill Gorcunov wrote:
> The message
>
> 	"The architecture armv7l isn't supported"
>
> is more serious. It means the criu were not tested on such ARM platform,
> and not known if it can work or not.
The architecture armv7l is emulated by QEMU so it must be supported.
It seems something wrong with architecture detection in the Makefile.

Could you please make sure that the Makefile section

ifeq ($(shell echo $(ARCH) | sed -e 's/arm.*/arm/'),arm)
     ARMV         := $(shell echo $(ARCH) | sed -r -e
's/armv([[:digit:]]).*/\1/')
     ARCH         := arm
     DEFINES      := -DCONFIG_ARM -DCONFIG_ARMV$(ARMV)
     LDARCH       := arm

     ifeq ($(ARMV),6)
         CFLAGS += -march=armv6
     endif

     ifeq ($(ARMV),7)
         CFLAGS += -march=armv7-a
     endif
endif

does exactly what it's supposed to do on your machine?
Particularly I'm interested in the following things:

* do you try to cross-compile?
* do you set the environment variable ARCH?
* is the Makefile section triggered?
* does it detect the version properly?

BTW Christopher's patchset might help as well.

--
Sincerely yours,
Alexander Kartashov

Intern