[CRIU] "make[1]: *** [criu.8] Error 127"

Pavel Emelyanov xemul at parallels.com
Fri Jan 3 12:24:16 PST 2014

Kevin,

> (00.819556) Error (cr-dump.c:357): Task 22085 with SysVIPC shmem map
> @7f003637e000 doesn't live in IPC ns

This is what causes CRIU dump to fail. Thunderbird uses SysVIPC shared
memory mapping, but we can't dump only _it_ as there's no way to find out
what other process might be using the same shared memory segment.

Actually, dumping X-application is quite a challenge as part of the app's
state is in the X-server and we have some way to dump it as well. We haven't
yet looked into this.

If you want to play with X-applications you may consider playing with VNC:
http://criu.org/VNC

Thanks,
Pavel