[CRIU] Name resolved on unconnected socket

Inti Gonzalez-Herrera inti.glez at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 05:06:06 PST 2014

I am wondering:
Is it possible to write a plugin to handle such sockets? I mean, I know the
application won't use the sockets again, so I just want to discard them. My
question is: Will CRIU call the plugin list if it realizes that a socket
"has a name but is unconnected"??? Or in a different way: Will CRIU call
every single plugin before failing?

My idea of plugin is simple:
DUMP
1 - Verify that the object is the file descriptor for a TCP socket
2 - Verify that the socket is in CLOSE_WAIT state
3 - Report success without recording the object as saved

RESTORE (Maybe I don't need this one since I don't recorded nothing in DUMP)
1 - Ignore the object

What do you thing? Just note that it only make sense if I know that such
connections aren't waiting for nothing.