[CRIU] AArch64 Port

Christopher Covington cov at codeaurora.org
Tue Feb 4 06:39:55 PST 2014

On 02/04/2014 09:01 AM, Alexander Kartashov wrote:
> On 02/04/2014 05:38 PM, Alexander Kartashov wrote:
>> On 02/04/2014 05:23 PM, Christopher Covington wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I wanted to check on the status of the ARM AArch64 port. I notice that support
>>> for generating the AArch64 syscall numbers exists [1]. Has there been any work
>>> beyond that?
>> The patchset introducing the AArch64 support is ready
>> and successfully dumps and restores a busyloop
>> while lacks testing: I'm trying to adapt the testing system
>> for cross-compilation since it takes too long to compile
>> the suite in the ARM Foundation model.

Is there any chance you could provide a preview of your work? I agree that
cross compilation is very useful to support. I'll see what I can do to help
add support for it.

> However, the major problem with AArch64 is that protobuf
> lacks the support for this architecture and I'm not sure
> I know how to handle this properly: the last release was
> almost a year ago so it's unclear whether the patch
> adding the support worths sending to the discussion list.

I was able to get it patched and building locally without much trouble. If
upstream is unresponsive, would it make sense for the CRIU project to host its
own protobuf/protobuf-c repositories?

Thanks,
Christopher

hosted by the Linux Foundation.