[CRIU] zdtm cwd test acts strangly

Ruslan Kuprieiev kupruser at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 09:35:54 PST 2014

Hi!

I'm trying to run zdtm tests from tty(on master, without my vt patches)
and I'm observing strange behavior that I can't explain.

If I run make test from pty, all tests are succeeding.

If I run make test from tty, cwd* tests fail. For example cwd00:
➜  static git:(master) ✗ cat cwd00.out.inprogress
19:03:15.164: 30429: PASS
19:03:15.164: 30429: ERR: cwd00.c:56: can't change directory to
/root/git/criu/test/zdtm/live/static: Permission denied
  (errno = 13 (Permission denied))
Dump/restore criu logs show that everything went fine.

If I run ./zdtm.sh cwd00 from tty I get the same error.

But, If I run cwd00 test from tty manually by make cwd00.pid +
+ criu dump/restore + make cwd00.out, I get:
➜  static git:(master) ✗ cat cwd00.out
19:21:02.249: 31368: PASS

I've checked static dir and saw:
➜  static git:(master) ✗ lsattr /root/git/criu/test/zdtm/live/
-------------e-- /root/git/criu/test/zdtm/live/streaming
-------------e-- /root/git/criu/test/zdtm/live/transition
----------I--e-- /root/git/criu/test/zdtm/live/static
-------------e-- /root/git/criu/test/zdtm/live/Makefile
"I" flag says that static dir is being indexed, but it is indexed every
time I do tests.

I've tested this strange behavior on 2 real machines and one virtual,
on fedora 20 and archlinux. The only common thing is ext4 filesystem.
But when i'm trying to use, for example, xfs, "I" flags disappears,
but problems remain the same.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on?

Thanks.