[CRIU] --restore-detached & service restore problems?

Pavel Emelyanov xemul at parallels.com
Mon Aug 4 01:29:01 PDT 2014

On 08/01/2014 09:03 PM, Tycho Andersen wrote:
> Hi all,

Hi, Tycho.

If this is still relevant:

> I'm having trouble running criu with --restore-detached or via the
> service/rpc. When I run criu without --restore-detached, everything
> works as expected, but when I run it with, criu seems to fork and
> restore all the processes, and then they promptly exit (or die, not
> sure) when the restore is done. The log is normal as far as I can
> tell.
>
> Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas as to what is going on?

When restoring via service the --restore-detached is forced into true,
so that what is being restored doesn't live as service's child.

As far as CLI usage, this can be due to pdeath_sig :( Can you check
whether the root task contains one in the core image?

Thanks,
Pavel