[CRIU] crtools error: "can't splice to pipe"

J F jgmb45 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 10:38:57 PDT 2014

> Btw, what JVM application you're trying to dump? I've openjdk installed
> so I could try to reproduce the problem you're facing locally instead
> of asking you to test the patches

Cryrill,

This is for a custom app using JVM and JNI for embedding into a c-code app.

I'll see if I can get a "hello world" application that reproduces the
problem to you.

Is this just an edge case that wasn't accounted for by CRIU or do you
foresee a fundamental problem that would prevent dump/restore from ever
working? Do you anticipate a symmetric change to get "restore" working?