[CRIU] Installation Of CRIU

Cyrill Gorcunov gorcunov at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 07:31:58 PDT 2014

On Tue, Apr 08, 2014 at 07:21:00PM +0530, Krishan Berwal wrote:
>    Dear  Sir/Mam
>
>    I want to install CRIU but now working. i did not find any ./configure
>    file cloning from github. can you help me out?

We do not use autoconf or anything else, only plain makefiles. Thus to
install criu you should

 - compile it (note it requires protobuf-c-devel package)

	$ make

 - once it's compliled you may install it into system directory
   (actually I personally simply run it without installing at all,
    just compile and run from source code directory). Anyway, to
    install simply run

	$ make install

    because installation copies files into system directories you
    will need to run make install under sudo.

Again, I strongly suggest to simply run criu from source code directory
instead of installing it from the sources. But it's up to you.