[CRIU] Question

Pavel Emelyanov xemul at parallels.com
Thu Apr 3 22:38:01 PDT 2014

On 04/04/2014 12:57 AM, Thouraya TH wrote:
> Thanks a lot for your answer :)
> OK, i will see http://criu.org/
> i have some questions please:
> - i'd like to know the format of a checkpoint with criu, is it a file (if it's the case, i'd like to know its extension) or a directory

The criu dump is a directory with a set of files. We describe the format here
http://criu.org/Images

It's a little bit outdated, but mostly correct.

> - The snapshot is it portable ? i mean can i restart it on any other plaform ?

Mm... Yes and no. You can restart on another machine provided it's the
same architecture. IOW x8664 -> ARM is not possible (yet?), but from
one x8664 to another, even with different CPU, is possible.

> - The size of the result file or directory ?

It heavily depends on the size of the application(s) you dump.

Thanks,
Pavel