[CRIU] checkpoint/restore full-fledged java applications

Zuocheng Ren ren at cs.utexas.edu
Fri Nov 22 13:34:55 PST 2013

Hi all,
I notice that in http://criu.org/What_software_is_supported, java is
said to be partially supported. In one of my project, I need to use
CRIU to checkpoint/restore full-fledged java applications which may
have open sockets, open files, and etc. I'm wondering what's missing
(if there is any at all) in the current CRIU/kernel implementation to
make this possible? If there is anything that needs to be done, I'm
happy to contribute on this aspect. Right now, I'm encountering some
errors when restoring java applications. The error messages include
"Can't open file /tmp/hsperfdata_<username>/<pid>", and "Thread pid
mismatch". Any ideas of how to troubleshoot these issues? Thank you!

--
Best Wishes
Zuocheng (Andy) Ren