[CRIU] CRIU <---> OpenMPI

Denis Nagorny dvnagorny at compcenter.org
Thu Nov 7 03:57:15 PST 2013

06.11.2013 19:55, Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) пишет:
> On Nov 6, 2013, at 1:16 AM, Pavel Emelyanov <xemul at parallels.com> wrote:
>
>>> Can I ask who you talked to?
>> Sure. These are guys from CompCenter. I've added Denis in Cc.
> Greetings Denis.  Can you tell me the status of what you're working on w.r.t. CRIU and Open MPI?

Hi Jeff,

I'm Denis from "Supercomputer Technology Research & Training Centre" aka
CompCenter. We are adapting OpenMPI for our quite specific environment.
You can see some amount of bug fixes we backported to OpenMPI through
mailing list. Checkpointing and process migration are features we keep
close to eyes. We expect that CRIU can be the right way for providing
smooth process migration because of ability to migrate procesess keeping
sockets opened.

Now we are in planning stage for the next year. Unfortunately our plans
are not finalized yet.

WBR Denis.