[CRIU] Questions in CRIU restore mechanism.

Pavel Emelyanov xemul at parallels.com
Wed Mar 27 08:22:48 EDT 2013

On 03/27/2013 04:08 PM, Chanho Park wrote:
>>> Thanks a lot for helping Chanho.
>>> (He's stuck with another issue while testing CRIU anyway. :) )
>>
>> Feel free to report all the issues to us. CRIU is in alpha stage yet, so
>> we're ready for tons of new bugs and willing to have them fixed.
>
> Hi Pavel,
>
> I've run a simple test program on my ARM-based target.
> The program is very simple. I want to check the criu is really working :)
>

> crtools dump -t 4875 -d chk/
> crtools restore -t 4875 -d chk/

To specify directory with images the -D should be used. The -d option has another
meaning.

> What am I doing wrong? Should I need to implement more things for ARM?

It's hard to say :) ARM port is quite fresh and we haven't collected all the problems
wit hit.

Please, re-run both -- dump and restore with options "-o <logilfe>" to put logs into
files (separate for dump and restore) and "-v 4" to increase the crtools verbosity.
Then you can send both logs to us and we'll look at what's going on.

> Best Regards,
> Chanho Park

Thanks,
Pavel