[CRIU] Anyone have a plan to support dumping of stream unix connection?

Brandon Philips brandon at ifup.co
Mon Jun 10 19:01:43 EDT 2013

On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 3:23 PM, James Bottomley
<jbottomley at parallels.com> wrote:
> But that should be connected to systemd-journal (the syslog
> replacement), surely?  That means you should be checkpointing both
> processes together (to keep the socket connection).

I want to keep a container that is supervised by systemd running
across a system reboot. The systemd/journal processes might need
upgrading across that reboot so they shouldn't be checkpointed.

There are several alternative methods that are less weird including
checkpointing the journal process and doing a re-exec on reboot. But,
in that case you wouldn't be able to migrate this single container to
a new machine using CRIU.

Brandon