[CRIU] Anyone have a plan to support dumping of stream unix connection?

Pavel Emelyanov xemul at parallels.com
Mon Jun 10 05:20:25 EDT 2013

On 06/10/2013 10:34 AM, Chanho Park wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I found we can't dump a stream unix connection.
> The tool stops dumping with below log:
> 	Can't dump half of stream unix connection.

This means that CRIU cannot dump _only_ one end of a connection.
If both sides are in dump, CRIU can handle it.

> I think many processes will use this type(SOCK_STREAM) of socket for IPC.
> ProcessA sock(/tmp/socketA) <------> ProcessB connect(/tmp/socketA)
> Does anyone have a plan to support the stream connection of unix socket?

I agree it might worth implementing it, but we what are the use-cases? If
you plan to dump only the process A, then you will not be able to live-migrate
it, since unix sockets don't work across network, so what's the reason?

> Thanks.
>
> Best Regards,
> Chanho Park

Thanks,