[CRIU] 1st test fails

Pavel Emelyanov xemul at parallels.com
Wed Jul 3 08:43:22 EDT 2013

On 07/03/2013 06:34 PM, Neal Becker wrote:
> How can the daemon reliably know what is the PID of the requesting process (and that
> it's not some evil program requesting a dump of some other process)?

Oh, I believe we can do a very beautiful thing here. On kernels which crtools support
there's a way to find peers of unix sockets. So, the "dump me" request would look like
this:

1. app creates a unix socket and connects to server (by some known path/name)
2. criu service finds out the peer of the accepted connection and dumps _it_

In this scheme we don't even need to pass any PIDs over the socket!

Thanks,
Pavel